Community Based Activities
- We have 8 outreach clinics – Kunnackal, Kunnakurudy, Kandanad, Nechoor, Vettickal, Santhigiri, Kizhakkambalam and Vazhappilly.
- PHC at Kunnackal is upgraded to Rural Health training centre. The centre has inpatient facility with a bed capacity of 10. Lab facility is also available. Interns are staying in the centre and their services are available on all days.
- In the Urban Health Training centre at Vazhappilly we are conducting clinic weekly twice 9.00 am to 12.30 pm. Lab facility is also available.
- All the other centres have weekly clinic in the morning.
- Junior Public Health nurse’s services are available through out in all the centers.
- A population of about 40000 is benefited by the services provided by the Community Medicine department.
i) Health education / Awareness on relevant health problems and social issues.
ii) Community Health Volunteers on going training programme
iii) Surveys on relevant health problems of the locality and camps