This project was done with the support of Central TB Division, Govt. of India.
The main objectives were:
- To determine and document the existence of Multidrug Resistance TB in Ernakulam.
- To determine the prevalence of initial and acquired drug resistance in the identified district, in order to use the levels of drug resistance as a performance indicator for the National Tuberculosis control programme.
- Training for lab technicians regarding the programme
- Sputum sample collection from the Microscopic centers and the culture and
- sensitivity testing to determine the drug resistance.